CCNA 2 Routing & Switching Essentials v6.0 Pretest Exam Answers
1. To revert to a previous configuration, an administrator issues the command copy tftp startup-config on a router and enters the host address and file name when prompted. After the command is completed, why does the current configuration remain unchanged?
The command should have been copy startup-config tftp.
The configuration should have been copied to the running configuration instead.*
The configuration changes were copied into RAM and require a reboot to take effect.
A TFTP server can only be used to restore the Cisco IOS, not the router configuration.
2. What is the correct order for PDU encapsulation?
3. Which two components are configured via software in order for a PC to participate in a network environment? (Choose two.)
4. A small car dealership has a scanner that is attached to the PC of the sales manager. When salesmen need to scan a document, they place the document in the scanner and use their own PCs to control the scanner through software on the PC of the manager. After the document is scanned, they can attach it to an email or upload it into the sales software. What type of network model does this scenario describe?
5. Which media access method requires that an end device send a notification across the media before sending data?
6. Refer to the exhibit.
PC1 is configured to obtain a dynamic IP address from the DHCP server. PC1 has been shut down for two weeks. When PC1 boots and tries to request an available IP address, which destination IP address will PC1 place in the IP header?
7. Which statement is true about IPv6 addresses?
Global unicast addresses are globally unique and can be routed through the Internet.*
Link-local addresses must be unique.
A loopback address is represented by ::/128.
Unique local addresses are used to communicate with other devices on the same link.
8. Refer to the exhibit.
Which IP addressing scheme should be changed?
9. What is the most effective way to mitigate worm and virus attacks?
Secure all Layer 2 devices.
Ensure that users change their passwords often.
Deploy packet filtering firewalls at the network edge.
Install security updates to patch vulnerable systems.*
10. A particular website does not appear to be responding on a Windows 7 computer. What command could the technician use to show any cached DNS entries for this web page?
11. Refer to the exhibit.
A network administrator is configuring access control to switch SW1. If the administrator uses Telnet to connect to the switch, which password is needed to access user EXEC mode?
12. In performing a protocol analysis of a network, when should traffic be captured to ensure the most accurate representation of the different traffic types on the network?
during software upgrades
during times of moderate network use
during hours of peak network use*
during weekends and holidays when network use is light
13. Refer to the exhibit.
A TCP segment from a server has been captured by Wireshark, which is running on a host. What acknowledgement number will the host return for the TCP segment that has been received?
14. Refer to the exhibit.
What is the link-local IPv6 address of the local computer shown based on the output of the netstat -r command?
15. A network administrator is checking the system logs and notices unusual connectivity tests to multiple well-known ports on a server. What kind of potential network attack could this indicate?
denial of service
16. Which technology provides a solution to IPv4 address depletion by allowing multiple devices to share one public IP address?
17. What happens when part of an Internet television transmission is not delivered to the destination?
A delivery failure message is sent to the source host.
The part of the television transmission that was lost is re-sent.
The entire transmission is re-sent.
The transmission continues without the missing portion.*
18. Which three IP addresses are public? (Choose three.)
19. A host is accessing an FTP server on a remote network. Which three functions are performed by intermediary network devices during this conversation? (Choose three.)
regenerating data signals*
acting as a client or a server
providing a channel over which messages travel
applying security settings to control the flow of data*
notifying other devices when errors occur*
serving as the source or destination of the messages
20. Which IP address is a valid network address?
21. What is the range of host IP addresses for the subnet 172.16.1.32/28?
172.16.1.33 – 172.16.1.38
172.16.1.33 – 172.16.1.46*
172.16.1.33 – 172.16.1.62
172.16.1.32 – 172.16.1.39
172.16.1.32 – 172.16.1.47
22. An organization has received the IPv6 network prefix of 2001:db8:1234::/52 from their ISP. How many subnets can be created from this prefix without borrowing bits from the interface ID?
23. Match the application protocols to the correct transport protocols.
24. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.What is the secret keyword that is displayed on the web page?
25. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Which IPv6 address is assigned to the Serial0/0/0 interface on RT2?
26.Which statement describes a route that has been learned dynamically?
It is automatically updated and maintained by routing protocols.*
It is unaffected by changes in the topology of the network.
It has an administrative distance of 1.
It is identified by the prefix C in the routing table.
27.What is the purpose of a routing protocol?
It is used to build and maintain ARP tables.
It provides a method for segmenting and reassembling data packets.
It allows an administrator to devise an addressing scheme for the network.
It allows a router to share information about known networks with other routers.*
It provides a procedure for encoding and decoding data into bits for packet forwarding.
28.Refer to the exhibit.
What will the router do with a packet that has a destination IP address of 192.168.12.227?
Drop the packet.
Send the packet out the Serial0/0/0 interface.*
Send the packet out the GigabitEthernet0/0 interface.
Send the packet out the GigabitEthernet0/1 interface.
29. Which type of static route is configured with a greater administrative distance to provide a backup route to a route learned from a dynamic routing protocol?
standard static route
floating static route*
default static route
summary static route
30. Which two factors are important when deciding which interior gateway routing protocol to use? (Choose two.)
speed of convergence*
the autonomous system that is used
campus backbone architecture
31. Which information does a switch use to populate the MAC address table?
the destination MAC address and the incoming port
the destination MAC address and the outgoing port
the source and destination MAC addresses and the incoming port
the source and destination MAC addresses and the outgoing port
the source MAC address and the incoming port*
the source MAC address and the outgoing port
32. Employees of a company connect their wireless laptop computers to the enterprise LAN via wireless access points that are cabled to the Ethernet ports of switches. At which layer of the three-layer hierarchical network design model do these switches operate?
33. Which advantage does the store-and-forward switching method have compared with the cut-through switching method?
frame error checking*
faster frame forwarding
frame forwarding using IPv4 Layer 3 and 4 information
34. Which type of traffic is designed for a native VLAN?
35. A network administrator is configuring a new Cisco switch for remote management access. Which three items must be configured on the switch for the task? (Choose three.)
36. What is the reason why the DHCPREQUEST message is sent as a broadcast during the DHCPv4 process?
to notify other DHCP servers on the subnet that the IP address was leased*
to notify other hosts not to request the same IP address
for hosts on other subnets to receive the information
for routers to fill their routing tables with this new information
37. What is the most likely scenario in which the WAN interface of a router would be configured as a DHCP client to be assigned a dynamic IP address from an ISP?
There is a web server for public access on the LAN that is attached to the router.
The router is also the gateway for a LAN.
It is a SOHO or home broadband router.*
The router is configured as a DHCP server.
38. Which type of traffic would most likely have problems when passing through a NAT device?
39. Refer to the exhibit.
An administrator is examining the message in a syslog server. What can be determined from the message?
This is a notification message for a normal but significant condition.*
This is an alert message for which immediate action is needed.
This is an error message for which warning conditions exist.
This is an error message that indicates the system is unusable.
40. Compared with dynamic routes, what are two advantages of using static routes on a router? (Choose two.)
They improve network security.*
They use fewer router resources.*
They improve the efficiency of discovering neighboring networks.
They take less time to converge when the network topology changes.
They automatically switch the path to the destination network when the topology changes.