Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 11 Practice Quiz Answers
1. Match the common printer configuration options to the correct descriptions. (Not all options are used.)
paper type —-> standard, draft, gloss, or photo
color printing —-> multiple colors used
print quality —-> draft, normal, or photo
paper size —-> standard paper, envelopes, or business cards
black-and-white printing —-> only black ink used
2. While troubleshooting a printer problem, a technician discovers that the printer has been connected to the wrong computer port. Which printer problem would this mistake have caused?
When a document is printed, there are unknown characters on the page.
The print spooler displays an error.
Blank pages are printed by the printer.
The print queue is functioning, but print jobs are not printed.*
3. Which method is recommended for cleaning the print heads in an inkjet printer?
Wipe the print heads with isopropyl alcohol.
Use the printer software utility.*
Wipe the print heads with a damp cloth.
Use compressed air.
4. Which type of document typically takes the longest time to print?
a draft photo quality printout
a high quality page of text
a draft text
a digital color photograph*
5. What term is used to describe dual-sided printing?
6. A technician wants to share a printer on the network but according to the company policy, no PC should have a directly connected printer. Which device would the technician need?
a LAN switch
a USB hub
a hardware print server*
a docking station
7. How could a user share a locally connected printer with other users on the same network?
Install a USB hub.
Remove the PS drivers.
Enable print sharing.*
Install shared PCL drivers.
8. What are two closed-ended questions that a technician could ask a user while trying to identify the problem with a printer? (Choose two.)
What recent software or hardware changes have been made to your computer?
Is the printer powered on?*
What were you doing when the problem occurred?
What error messages were displayed when the problem occurred?
Can you print a test page on the printer?*
9. Which statement describes the print buffering process?
A document is being printed on the printer.
A PC is encoding a photograph into a language that the printer understands.
Large documents are stored temporarily in internal printer memory while waiting for the availability of the printer.*
A document is being prepared by the application to be printed.
10. What are two potential disadvantages of replacing printer consumables with parts or components that are not recommended by the manufacturer? (Choose two.)
The printer may need cleaning more often.
Nonrecommended parts may be more readily available.
Print quality may be poor.*
Nonrecommended parts may be less expensive.
The manufacturer warranty may be voided.*
11. Dots per inch is used as a measure for which characteristic of a printer?
quality of printing*
cost of ownership
12. What is the first action that should be taken when performing preventive maintenance on a printer?
Disconnect the printer from the power source.*
Remove the paper from the printer paper tray.
Disconnect the printer from the network.
Clean the print heads using the printer software utility.
13. What software enables users to set and change printer options?
word processing applications
14. A small business has connected several printers to the web using Google Cloud Print. Mobile workers can then print job orders while they are on the road. This is an example of using what type of printer?
15. What are two disadvantages of sharing a directly connected printer from a computer? (Choose two.)
All the computers using the printer need to use the same operating system.
The computer sharing the printer uses its own resources to manage all the print jobs coming to the printer.*
The computer directly connected to the printer always needs to be powered on, even if not in use.*
Other computers do not need to be cabled directly to the printer.
Only one computer at a time can use the printer.