Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 8 Practice Quiz Answers
1. Which cloud computing opportunity would provide the use of network hardware such as routers and switches for a particular company?
browser as a service (BaaS)
wireless as a service (WaaS)
infrastructure as a service (IaaS)*
software as a service (SaaS)
2. What is the difference between a data center and cloud computing?
There is no difference. These terms can be used interchangeably.
Cloud computing provides access to shared computing resources, while a data center is a facility that stores and processes data.*
Of the two, only cloud computing is located off-site.
Data centers require cloud computing but cloud computing does not require data centers.
The data center makes use of more devices to process data.
3. A technician wishes to update the NIC driver for a computer. What is the best location for finding new drivers for the NIC?
the installation media for Windows
the website for the manufacturer of the NIC*
the website for Microsoft
the installation media that came with the NIC
4. A technician has just installed a new NIC in a laptop. When the cable is plugged in, the technician notices that the LEDs on the NIC are green and one LED is flashing. What does this usually signify?
The NIC is attempting to establish a VPN connection but the configuration of the NIC is missing security settings.
The NIC is functioning and there is network activity.*
The NIC is doing a POST function to detect possible errors.
The NIC is functioning and the cable is operating at the maximum data rate.
The NIC is connected to the wrong port on the wireless router.
5. A technician needs to check the system settings on a remote computer to make sure it will be compatible with a new software update that will be sent out. The technician will use an administrator account to log in and start a user session on the remote PC. Which Windows tool will the technician use to accomplish this?
Windows Remote Desktop*
Windows VPN remote access client
Windows Update Assistant
Windows file sharing services
6. Users in a recently installed wireless network are complaining of slow data transfer and frequent loss of connectivity. The technician checks that the wireless security is correctly implemented, and there is no evidence of unauthorized users on the network. Which two problems might the technician suspect? (Choose two.)
The wireless signal is too weak.*
The network passwords need to be reissued to the users.
The DHCP server is faulty.
The antenna on the access point is too powerful.
There is interference from outside sources.*
7. Fill in the blank.
__broadband__ technology uses different frequencies to transmit multiple signals simultaneously over the same cable.
Noted: You can write one of the following in netacad: “broadband“, or “broad band”
8. Which operation should a network technician perform as a part of regular preventive maintenance procedures on the network?
Verify the bandwidth of the WAN connection to the ISP.
Ensure antivirus definitions are updated to the latest version on servers.
Check the network cable connections in the wiring closet.*
Review the access log of the server farm facility.
9. Which special character must be included at the end of a folder name to identify a folder as an administrative share?
10. Fill in the blank.
The process that a wireless router uses to translate a private IP address on internal traffic to a routable address for the Internet is called __NAT__ .
Noted: You can write one of the following in netacad: “NAT“, or “network address translation”
11. A technician is troubleshooting a computer that has lost connectivity to the network. After data is gathered from the customer, which two tasks should the technician complete next? (Choose two.)
Try to log in as a different user.
Verify that the computer has a valid IP address.*
Verify that the computer has the most up to date version of the OS.
Check that the NIC link light is lit.*
Repair the network cable.
12. Which network service automatically assigns IP addresses to devices on the network?
13. Which technology requires customers to be within a particular range of the service provider facility in order to be provided the maximum bandwidth for Internet access?
14. Which command is used to manually query a DNS server to resolve a specific host name?
15. Which security technology is used to passively monitor network traffic with the objective of detecting a possible attack?