Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
IT-Essentials v6.0 Chapter 9 Practice Quiz Answers
1. What is a proactive way to keep a laptop clean?
Use compressed air to blow the dust off the optical drive.
Use mild soap to clean the screen.
Keep fluids away from the laptop computer.*
Clean the keyboard using cotton swabs.
2. Which situation would indicate a failing laptop battery?
The battery is not holding the charge for very long.*
The external hard drive has no power from the USB port.
The screen is not showing full brightness.
Extra peripherals are draining the battery.
3. A technician troubleshooting a laptop notices that some keyboard keys are not working properly. What should the technician check first?
if the AC adapter is charging correctly
if the Num Lock key is on*
if the WordPad program is not corrupted
if the touch pad is working
4. A customer brings in a mobile device for repair. After asking a few questions, the service technician determines that the device is unable to connect to any Wi-Fi network. Which step of the troubleshooting process has just taken place?
Establish a theory of probable causes.
Identify the problem.*
Implement a solution.
Determine the exact cause.
5. Which statement describes a mobile device feature?
Docking stations can add some functionality to mobile devices such as video output.*
There are no field-replaceable parts for mobile devices, but there are some which are field-serviceable.
Like laptops and desktops, most mobile device hardware is upgradeable.
When a mobile device is not operating at the speed required by the user, the user must perform a memory upgrade.
6. Which statement is true of laptop motherboards?
The form factor varies by manufacturer.*
They are interchangeable with most desktop motherboards.
Most of them use the ATX form factor.
They follow standard form factors so they can be interchanged easily.
7. Which statement describes the S4 ACPI power state?
The laptop is off and nothing has been saved.
The CPU and RAM are still receiving power, but unused devices are powered down.
The CPU and RAM are off. The contents of the RAM have been saved to a temporary file on the hard disk.*
The laptop is on and the CPU is running.
8. What is an example of an expansion slot on a laptop?
9. What are three problems laptop computers are more likely to face because of being portable? (Choose three.)
wrong BIOS configuration
10. Which type of RAM modules are designed for the space limitations of laptops?
11. Which component is part of a solid state drive?
flash memory chip*
12. What would be considered a form of removable, non-mechanical, non-volatile memory?
an external hard drive
a CMOS chip
a SODIMM memory module.
an external flash drive*
13. What is the maximum range of a Class 2 Bluetooth network?
14. What is a closed-ended question that a technician may ask when troubleshooting a possible laptop battery failure?
What problems are you experiencing with your laptop?
Have you recently upgraded your display driver?
Can the laptop operate using the AC adapter?*
What software has been installed recently?