Introduction to Cybersecurity 2.1 Chapter 1 Quiz Answers
1. What three items are components of the CIA triad? (Choose three.)
2. What is another name for confidentiality of information?
3. Which statement describes cyberwarfare?
Cyberwarfare is an attack carried out by a group of script kiddies.
It is simulation software for Air Force pilots that allows them to practice under a simulated war scenario.
It is a series of personal protective equipment developed for soldiers involved in nuclear war.
It is Internet-based conflict that involves the penetration of information systems of other nations.*
4. What is an example of “hacktivism”?
A group of environmentalists launch a denial of service attack against an oil company that is responsible for a large oil spill.*
A teenager breaks into the web server of a local newspaper and posts a picture of a favorite cartoon character.
A country tries to steal defense secrets from another country by infiltrating government networks.
Criminals use the Internet to attempt to steal money from a banking company.
5. What is the motivation of a white hat attacker?
discovering weaknesses of networks and systems to improve the security level of these systems*
studying operating systems of various platforms to develop a new system
taking advantage of any vulnerability for illegal personal gain
fine tuning network devices to improve their performance and efficiency
6. Which method is used to check the integrity of data?
7. Fill in the blank.
The individual user profile on a social network site is an example of a/an __online__ identity.
8. Match the type of cyber attackers to the description. (Not all options are used.)
gather intelligence or commit sabotage on specific goals on behalf of their government ————->
make political statements, or create fear, by causing physical or psychological damage to victims ———->
make political statements in order to create an awareness of issues that are important to them ————> hacktivists
Other Incorrect Match Options:
9. What are three methods that can be used to ensure confidentiality of information? (Choose three.)
file permission settings
username ID and password*
two factor authentication*
10. What is a reason that internal security threats might cause greater damage to an organization than external security threats?
Internal users can access the infrastructure devices through the Internet.
Internal users can access the corporate data without authentication.
Internal users have direct access to the infrastructure devices.*
Internal users have better hacking skills.